Surgical and Anesthetic Procedures
We understand that you want the best for your pet, especially when it comes to surgical procedures. Due to the high volume of surgical appointment requests, we recommend contacting us at least 2 – 3 weeks in advance. Currently we schedule 2 – 3 surgeries a day Monday through Friday, ensuring that your pet has the one on one attention and care it deserves while here for it’s procedure.
When your pet comes in for it’s elected surgery, your doctor will do a complete physical examination as well as a CBC (complete blood count). This allows our doctors to make sure your pet is healthy and may alert us to potential problems your pet may experience while under anesthesia. Depending on factors such as your pet’s age, breed, or general health, your doctor may recommend more extensive labwork.
Typical surgical and anesthetic procedures performed in our hospital are:
- Dental cleaning and extractions
- Reproductive surgeries such as spay and neuter
- Emergency, trauma & wound repair
- Mass/growth removal
- Exploratory laparotomy and foreign body removal
- Bladder stone removal
The list of surgical procedures above is not inclusive. Marina Bay Animal Hospital offers other surgical options after consult and examination with a doctor. Please feel free to contact our hospital with any questions or to set up a consultation.
We take pride in our state of the art equipment. Keeping up to date with medical technology means your pet gets the most accurate and modern care available. Some technologies we utilize are:
ECG Machine: A completely non invasive device which allows our surgical team to view an electrical ‘picture’ of the heart.
Pulse Oximeter: This is a sensory clip which placed on the tongue during surgery. This clip gives your surgical team an audible heartbeat as well as oxygen saturation during surgery.
Surgical Biopsies: In the event that further testing is necessary, our doctors may recommend that a biopsy be taken and sent to an outside lab. This lets our doctors assess proper future treatment.
- Full In-house Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory allows our doctors to complete many recommended tests in hospital with results within minutes.
- Digital X-rays: Our digital x-ray system means images that are available for viewing at the click of a button.
- Ultrasonography: This non-invasive diagnostic tool allows us to direct sound waves to painlessly examine specific internal organs, primarily the heart and abdominal organs.